Joel, Stacey, Kaianna, and Jack Henry are here in wonderful Honolulu, Hawaii. We live on the eastern side of island. We love the weather, ocean and the beach. We are truely blessed to have each other and share in this amazing place.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shots, new job, and Bugs again.


Hello

Today Kaianna got her shots. She is feeling pretty lousy. She was 16 lbs 5 oz today. The doctor said she has slight strabismus, meaning her eyes cross. I don't know what this means right now, doctor says to be aware of it and watch it. My cousin is an eye doctor and I will but an email into him to see what the deal is.

Otherwise she is doing well.

I applied for a new position in the hospital today. My department has been with out a manager for 3 years. The position posted about a year ago and I applied. Consultants dissolved the position. Now it is up again. It is a postition to over see PreOp, Same day surgery OR, and PostOp. WOW what a big job. After discussion with Joel, I applied. It can't hurt to try. I will keep you posted on how this goes. (The job comes with a parking spot and more pay!!!)

I can be a leader. I really want to help my department have a voice in the hospital.

I have been through a few more bug infestations. Spilled flour in the cabinet had lots of those cigarette beetles in it and they were flying through the house again. Then there were some in the cabinet with the cook books, with some spilled flour in there too. Cleaned that up and I am seeing less of them. However, last night upon making taco seasoning I noticed the Cayanne PEPPER was moving inside the bottle. And there they were living in the Cayanne pepper. Those are some hard core bugs to live in there. Good thing I found them and good thing I didn't need the pepper for my taco seasoning. The lid was sealed down on the pepper so I have NO idea how they got in there. I posted a picture of them above. They are small about the size of small grain rice. I hate them!!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to a three day weekend with the family.

2 comments:

MOM said...

You have your hands full. Hope you get rid of the bugs. I hope kaianna is feeling better. Do you have to have a masters to fill that position? MOM

Kathy Stella said...

Did you take those pictures of the bugs? Yuk.
Better move to Whidbey! No bugs.
You would be a good manager.