Joel, Stacey, Kaianna, and Jack Henry are here in wonderful Honolulu, Hawaii. We live on the eastern side of island. We love the weather, ocean and the beach. We are truely blessed to have each other and share in this amazing place.

Friday, March 20, 2009


Kaianna went to the doctor today. She had her umbilical cord, what was left of it, cauterized. She had her first shots today. She did ok until we got home. Her bellybutton is black but that will go away. She was very upset when we got home. She cried like I have never heard. She would not let me put her down. We gave her Tylenol and sat on the bed until she started to relax. I laid down by her, she started screaming again but I held her close and she went to sleep. She has been resting since.

I hope the next series of shots are easier.

1 comment:

Renee said...

She is just a little dollbaby! She certainly looks healthy. As I recall, each time my kids had shots the reaction was different. One time Georgie slept about 24 hours straight. (And I was too young and inexperienced to be worried). We just returned from a 3 week vacation that included Arizona. I loved the temperature there - in the 80's but soooo dry that even I (who hates heat) was totally comfortable. Bill hated it because there was no water -- all the river and creek beds were just sand. He said on the way home that if we were going to go somewhere warm for the winter he'd much rather go to Hawaii. Well, actually so would I, but affording it is out of the question for us, whereas in Arizona right now you could buy a really nice house for under $100,000. Oh well, dream on Renee! Its fun to get your blogs and be a part of it. I feel so tech-savvy. Oh, Joel - by the way Wilbur is going to be a Daddy!!! I hope Charlie will be next, but he has about 2-3 years before it would be practical. From Renee